litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Hamilton's Run Of Bad Luck.

MSH

Given Lewis Hamilton's run of poor qualifying luck, is anyone else starting to wonder if he should have stuck with a UK team? I'm in no way xenophobic, but it does seem remarkably coincidental that any time in the last few races he's looked like getting P1, something unfortunate has happened to scupper his chances, yet the German guy in the German team is having a great run of reliability. Rosberg running wide causing a yellow on his quick lap, catastrophic brake failure and then engine fire to name three incidents which have gone against Lewis.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does all smell a bit ripe and I could well see that happening. Or even Lewis heading back to a UK team, Williams are getting their act back together recently.

I am gunning for Rosberg and I don't mind saying it. Getting a bit fed up of Hamiltons bottom lip dragging on the floor ever time things don't go his way. I know that Rosberg isn't exactly Mr Charisma, but I have not seen him have a major sulk on. 

True, he's not the most stoical of drivers but I do think he deserves a run of luck as he is generally quicker than Rosberg, and all the other drivers for that matter.  If it came down to personality I would like to see Jensen win for the Brits or Ricciardo from anywhere else in the world. So I am pleased Ricciardo won on Sunday and I'm also impressed with the way Hamilton never gave up, despite his pit lane start.

I am gunning for Rosberg but I have not seen him have a major sulk on.

Apart from yesterday when Hamilton wouldn't let him past... :-)

But I know what you mean....

I don't blame Hamilton at all for not letting Rosberg past. If he had done he may as well just give up on his championship hopes.

I think when team orders come into it the racing suffers and it stops being a spectacle which is enjoyable for us punters.

Apart from yesterday when Hamilton wouldn't let him past... :-)

But I know what you mean....

Well he was quicker...and Hamilton's block was aggressive/verging on dangerous. It's a good battle and great for the sport, but I have already made my mind up about Hamilton. Sure there are many people out there waving the patriotic flag but not me.

Button is a top guy and he has had my vote before, but unfortunately, for whatever reason it's not there anymore.

For me that's what racing is all about. Rosberg was undoubtedly quicker because he was on fresh option tyres but Hamilton used all his skill as a racer to stop him getting past. That's when it gets exciting for me. Two drivers going wheel to wheel with the sole intention of winning. Not following team orders to keep the managers happy.

And as for who we support, it would be dull if we all liked the same guys.

I love Lewis.  He is a real racer and wears his heart on his sleeve.  He reminds me a lot of Mansell - he was often a major pain in the arse out of the car and all the journos seemed to hate him for it but in the car he was a monster.  Mansell also looked, from the outside at least, to lose out off track to more sophisticated (dare I say brighter?) continental team mates but on his day only Senna was quicker and no-one was as brave.

I would be very upset if Lewis lost this championship because of poor reliability or falling foul of that stupid double points last race rule.

At the end of the day I want to see the quicker man win, not the most consistent - how boring is that?  They reckon Giles Villeneuve didn't care at all about world championships, just about winning races, and he was a legend.

The key thing to remember is that Mercedes is, in fact, a British team... ;-)

The cars and engineers, yes. The management are as German as Bratwurst.

Ah yes but I don't for a moment think they could persuade the British engineers, car mechanics and other various team members to scupper Lewis' car. it would be nigh on impossible to keep it quiet.

I think he's just having a run of bad luck, happens to us all. Remember how Schuey never got the bad luck in his first career? then look what happened second time around. He was German, and he was driving for Mercedes. It's just bad luck.

Nico will have his fair share, he might deal with it better, who knows, but he will have his fair share :)

I'd be happy for the smiling Aussie to win.

I like Hamilton, but him and the Rosberg have been shocking this year. Both behaving like spoilt brats.

I hate the fact they won't even shake hands after a race. Even if they despise each other, play the game with a bit of good sportsmanship. Maybe I'm just getting old and see the good old days through rose tinted specs...:-)

Archived