litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S1 Elise Prices...

pete757

Hi Guys!

Long time no postie here... longer story!

Having sadly sold my amazing S1 Exige last year, I am mulling an S1 Elise... Even though I am mainly living in OZ, being Lotusless totally sucks when I am back home in the UK!

Seems that prices for all S1's are still increasing and getting stronger now... there are a quite a few 'nice' sounding low mileage cars on PH, all for £14k+ !!!

Blimey, I bought my first Exige S1 from a dealer in 2007 for £16k!!!

WHAT is going on! Is this a 'bubble' or are these really original examples now destined to be appreciating classics!

Time for tea... !

Cheers,

Pete smile.png

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys!

Long time no postie here... longer story!

Having sadly sold my amazing S1 Exige last year, I am mulling an S1 Elise... Even though I am mainly living in OZ, being Lotusless totally sucks when I am back home in the UK!

Seems that prices for all S1's are still increasing and getting stronger now... there are a quite a few 'nice' sounding low mileage cars on PH, all for £14k+ !!!

Blimey, I bought my first Exige S1 from a dealer in 2007 for £16k!!!

WHAT is going on! Is this a 'bubble' or are these really original examples now destined to be appreciating classics!

Time for tea... !

Cheers,

Pete smile.png

Well from my point of view it's got to be good news owning an S1, but unfortunately for you Pete it sounds like bad news . I think the general consensus is that the prices are increasing. However, I really don't keep tabs on the market, but I wish you all the best in joining the community again if you do fall lucky

Australia....green with envy

PS, was in Sydney 2005/6 for 3 weeks. Only saw one Elise. Are they rare over they now?

From what I have seen there seems to be 2 markets for the Elise, the low mileage original examples and the carefully modded and cared for but used examples

Both seem to be around the same price point (some modded ones worth more if seriously modded)

It all depends what you want to do with it.

The same can be said for the early S2's. Having researched prices extremely thoroughly during my insurance claim in Jan/Feb I was really surprised at how their value had gone up over a couple of years since I last looked. I ended up with £1k less than what I paid for it 7 years ago!

(But it was a VERY different car when I last drove it)

The S1 Elises are going up in value because they are the original & the best, the 111S variant especially so. A reasonably unmolested example will continue to rise by at least £1k a year for many years to come.

PS: I may be slightly biased in this analysis. :)

Interesting views guys... Thanks!

I bought my first Elise, (T564 RPK??), a spice yellow Bell and Colville 160 for £ 9,200 in 2004! Sold it to buy my first S1Exige! I saw the car on PH a few months ago selling for more than that, 10 years on!

I too think unmolested examples will be the ones that may well keep going... perhaps a bit like VHPD S1 Exiges! unsure.png

OZ... yes great place to be living! I am looking outside at yet another totally blue sky with temps circa 20c... not bad for the middle of winter! Having said that, NOTHING beats a glorious UK summer day with a pint!

Elises in OZ, not many indeed but the ones here are pretty mint, having never seen rain! I looked at a 9,000 miler, build number about 1,100 a few weeks back! But it was $ 35,000, (circa £ 19,000!!!) Was pretty keen until it was determined it had had a shoddy respray and the rear clam had been badly repaired. Most S1 seem to be about $ 30,000 here, S2's are $ 40-70k... and a new S3 Exige V6 is about $ 140,000!!!

Cheers,

Pete. smile.png

Archived