litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Race Of Champions - Coventry

darryl

Hello everyone,

As you will see from below the Ricoh Arena has started a campaign to try and get the Race of Champions to the Ricoh Arena in Coventry. From once being held in Gran Canaria the event has moved further afield from the UK and dare I say it, with very low attendances looking at the TV programmes. I am sure we in the UK would fill a stadium for such an event.

We got the Closed Roads legislation through with votes so lets try to do the same here. 

There now seems to be a chance to get "Race of Champions" into the UK but it needs votes of interest to persuade the organisers to come here. Please go to www.raceofchampions.com/voteforvenue to register your vote and please encourage your members to do the same. 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very very interesting, but I can't believe someone is going to pay to get it there, they prefer to make it in an exotic country, where investors pays for an empty stadium, because no cares there. Vote done anyway.

I went to the race of champions about 6 years ago in Paris.

It was a really good event, although very cold as it is in winter and outside. I think this is part of the he reason it has been in hotter countries for the last few years.

Archived