litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Evora Spluttering/miss Fire

benny1235

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently the throttle position connector can sometimes come loose by only a couple of mm. Disconnect and reconnect, it's the smallish black connector on the throttle body (between air box and intake manifold).

Yes as it makes and loses connection over bumps and engine movement. If it totally disconnects then the car goes into limp mode and you get warning codes.

It might not be your problem but I read about the problem on the lotustalk forum while researching buying my evora.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f170/bad-throttle-body-connector-235345/

I was gona suggest fuel, have you gone anywhere not your usual for fuel recently or it's possible bad batch of fuel like Chris says. If noting has come up, on mil lights on eclectic fault then unsure. Does yours have sport mode button? Is that working ok if it does?

I go lots of places for fuel, it started at the end of the day after 40 miles of running on same fuel. My client a mechanic disconnected it so looks to be done correctly but didn't fix it. He said its not a little misfire almost as though loss of poss for a second. Possibly electronic, but unsure as nothing came up on fault code reader.

Unfortunately we don't have any main dealers around here.

I haven't heard of any other problems on the evora that have the symptoms you describe.

Could be a failing coil pack, but I'd expect the misfire to cause the engine warning light to be on and fault codes saved.

My guess is still the connector, as it's exactly the same symptoms.

Archived