litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Alloy Wheel Refurbishment

chumaxa

Hi guys, I am living around Leamington Spa, and I want to get my wheels refurbished, as you can read in the title. Do you know a great place around Leamington warwick to do it ?? The problem is, the lotus is my daily drive, and I can't take off the wheels and leave them at the garage. 

I found Silverline wheels and tyres, not sure they offer this kind of service, but worth to ask this afternoon. 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, I am living around Leamington Spa, and I want to get my wheels refurbished, as you can read in the title. Do you know a great place around Leamington warwick to do it ?? The problem is, the lotus is my daily drive, and I can't take off the wheels and leave them at the garage. 

I found Silverline wheels and tyres, not sure they offer this kind of service, but worth to ask this afternoon. 

Can't you do them yourself? It isn't hard, just a bit time consuming*. :)

* Says the woman who's currently sanding & stripping a Land Rover ready for its respray. :D

E. ;)

Well I can not do anything by myself because I don't even have a place to work on the car, and I want a full nice refurbish, get the wheel brand new, sort of at least. For information, Silverline is 90 +VAT per wheel, so no way ....

Well I can not do anything by myself because I don't even have a place to work on the car, and I want a full nice refurbish, get the wheel brand new, sort of at least. For information, Silverline is 90 +VAT per wheel, so no way ....

Can't you take one wheel off at a time, and refurb them in the garden? I tend to work outside, unless it's really cold, then I go in the garage and light the wood burner! biggrin.png

Just get plenty of wet & dry from course through to the fine grades, and get rubbing! smile.png

When I was younger I used to buy kerbed wheels and refurb them to sell them on. They come up like new with a bit of elbow grease. smile.png

Yeah, £90 per wheel is about the going rate. ohmy.png

30 per wheel, sounds cheap, is it still good quality ? Because on my previous Clio Rs, the paint decided to leave the wheel a while after, previous owner did a great joob ....

I have no issues with the finish or service. Been on the car 12months. Have a look at their website, I have no connection with them other than being a satisfied customer.

Mac

Archived