litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Spare Rims

Simon Mac

Looking to buy some spare rims.

My current rears are OK-ish, but I don't think they'll last my euro trip. Rather than bin a perfectly usable set of tyres, I thought I'd take the opportunity to buy a complete set of rims and tyres. 

Was going to give a set of T1Rs a whirl which @ £250 all round seemed pretty reasonable. (185s on the front). Putting them on either a used set of 6 spokes, or some new Team Dynamic 1.2s

Thoughts?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Alex, but I missed that boat :)

I've just bit the bullet and bought some new TD 1.2s. Figured it was a bit more flexible in tyre choice.

Spoke to the chap at seriously lotus, as they do the non labelled ones for £500. He tipped my colour decision... Gloss black. Very helpful chap to boot.

Now to the thorny subject of tyres :(

I'm leaning towards Toyo R1Rs.

Having pax lapped in A couple of cars with r1r's they are a very good tyre in both wet and dry. Soon to be discontinued and not that much cheaper than 888's.

Ad08's are a good shout

After much p!ss!ng about trying to find R1Rs in the correct sizes from somewhere that had all 4 corners in stock,  I gave up and just got some T1Rs. 

Besides, seems a waste to put a set of soft tyres on just to wear them out on motorways on the way to Italy and back

Archived