Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Price Bubble

ozziosborn

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which ones?

I'm not sure they will every go below a certain level.  S1s used to be down to £6k a few years ago but they're at least £8k now.  Prices will only drop again if they ever produce replacement models which are better than existing. Owners need a very good reason to replace their toys.

<800kg

>250bhp

Aggressive looks

Easy access

<£35k

should do it

Prices are solid they havent shot up this like they did last year but prices for good clean low mileage cars are rock solid. We sold 7 cars last month all very close to some pretty respectable asking prices. Just sold a 134 S Elise for £17,000 the weekend just gone.

Its a healthy market but I wouldnt say it was crazy. Some private sellers have gone a bit overconfident especially with the R and 111R there are a few overpriced cars out there. This year is the rise of the K series. Low milage 111S or even the none VVC cars are firming very well. I have a couple of low mileage ones at £13,500 and £14,800 on a 135r

Its been easier than last year getting good stock too we havent really struggled at all this year. Theres a bit of movement in the market created by people being able to upgrade to the V6 Exige this has released a good few Elisesthis year.

I'd say there will always be a strong demand for the best examples - especially either low mileage with full history / sensible upgrades and minimal mods, or for the factory limited editions due to the limited numbers produced. Some of the higher mileage examples that perhaps need some attention or have limited history are the ones that sit there unsold. It's common sense really I guess.

I paid a fair old whack for my Sport 160 earlier this year, perhaps more than some would expect, but then it's a fairly rare beast in excellent order and a massive history file, with all the stuff upgraded that needs it (radiator, suspension, re trimmed interior etc etc). Also you don't see many come up for sale so I suspect that's a factor.

I, for one, am hoping that prices will stay firm! (Not that I'm planning to sell - I'll have to see if I can spare an organ if it ever comes to that!!).

UK numbers are getting smaller by the day which will only help prices. There seems to be quite a few going over seas. I'm confident I could still get around £15k for mine after 2 years of ownership.

My theory on this is like Caterham owners,Lotus owners dictate the pricing levels not the buyers! ( unlike most other makes of car ). 

Nobody wants to lose money are their cars so they put them up for sale for good money and lets face it compared to say Ford Fiesta's you ain't got much choice as the buyer.

Only potential buyers moan about the high prices the owners secretly ( or not secretly ) are loving it and so it self perpetuates!! And long may it continue!! Money in the bank my fellow Lotus owners, money in the bank!

Also because production has stopped on S2 exige and others their is more demand for them. Lots of international buyers are actually exporting UK lotus which is holding their value. It's like this last week there was around 150 used Loti for all lotus models in the UK. There was 170 R8s , value on R8 is dropping hugely cause there's so many and not enough demand. Lotus value holding cause there is more demand and less cars. Lotus last 5 years hasn't been making many cars hense lower number of used cars available plus owners tend to hold on to them. Its only this last year production numbers have improved it will be another 5 years til the used market drops. Demand vs Availability. Likes of porshe, bmw, audi value will all drop massively. Kids will be driving these as their first cars ;)

Archived