litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Non Lotus Content.... Have You Ever Owned A....

Chris_edeson

Ok, so i just made some easy money selling a car i picked up a couple a months ago! And i have 2 months till i leave for oz and fancied another run around just for fun! So,

Porsche 924?!

Any1 ever had one?

I found the 924 version of MLOC and found an owners car for sale bags of history on a car nearly as old as me and just thinking "why not?" Ha!

Any1 had one can give me info on them let me know :-)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so i just made some easy money selling a car i picked up a couple a months ago! And i have 2 months till i leave for oz and fancied another run around just for fun! So,

Porsche 924?!

Any1 ever had one?

I found the 924 version of MLOC and found an owners car for sale bags of history on a car nearly as old as me and just thinking "why not?" Ha!

Any1 had one can give me info on them let me know :-)

I had one many years ago.

It was a great little car, handled really well.

Head gasket went on mine - don't know whether that was a weak point or just my bad luck.

I reckon it should be fun though.

They are a lot older than my 968 but the platform and 50/50 weight distribution are similar. The power is a lot less so I think you may find it slow!!

AFAIK mechanically they are sound and have Audi engine & box as Steve has said. Not sure if the 924 has the same ali brake calipers with stainless steel plates as the 968 but if it has they do cause problems with pads sticking, this is due to corrosion lifting the ss plates.

The turbo cars are a lot faster but not as bullet proof.

Archived