litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Ramones1234

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to MLOC sir :-)

Nice car - may I be the first to invite you both to our Chatsworth event on 26th and 27th of July? Have a look at the Chatsworth thread for details (in particular the first post).

Dean

Hi

New to the forum and new to Lotus ownership since March, Elise S with touring and sports packs in carbon grey...

Welcome - your car looks stunning - excellent choice of options.

Any chance of an introductory Elise S report?  Hopefully you've had chance to get the running-in completed and first service carried out?

I'd be really interested in knowing more about the good points (and bad, if any) of the "S" given the disappointing performance of my new Elise 1.6. I had planned to use the Elise as my daily driver but the engine is so pathetically weedy that I'm still using my Megane 265.  It's such a shame because the Elise itself is a delight to drive, but is absolutely crying out for a dose of mid-range torque from a little turbocharger or even a nice little supercharger!!

So, any feedback from new Elise S owners would be very welcome (I might just be tempted to trade up if it sounds really good smile.png).

Cheers,

Eric

Eric,

Exige roadster you know you want too?

Hey Darryl,

Yes, would love to, if only the old wallet wasn't feeling quite so bruised at the mo!!

Have just ordered a new set of wheels for the Exige and will need new A048s too (not going for Avon ZZRs now).

Did another 120 miler in the Exige today and just have to say that I love everything about that car - absolutely everything - tis fabulous!!

How are you getting on with your new Exige?

Eric,

don't think either of us would like to say it's so much better than the Cup 260 in so many ways, f**k it is soooo flipping good, bigger grin even when stood looking at it; never thought I would say I love the red car so much (yes Sue chose the colour this time).

Hi Eric

Not sure I am the best person to give a review of the Elise S but here are my thoughts so far......

First sports car I have owned, sold a Ducati and a Triumph so I know a bit about quick rides! The Elise S is a quick car and to me surprisingly so, I have now covered 2500 miles with no issues and enjoyed every mile. The engine is fantastic with power all the way through the rev range and also sounds ace

I tend to use the Elise a lot more than the bikes but it is still a second car for me so mainly used a weekends and sunny evenings, very pleased I chose the S

Hi Eric

Not sure I am the best person to give a review of the Elise S but here are my thoughts so far......

First sports car I have owned, sold a Ducati and a Triumph so I know a bit about quick rides! The Elise S is a quick car and to me surprisingly so, I have now covered 2500 miles with no issues and enjoyed every mile. The engine is fantastic with power all the way through the rev range and also sounds ace

I tend to use the Elise a lot more than the bikes but it is still a second car for me so mainly used a weekends and sunny evenings, very pleased I chose the S

Well if its quick enough to keep an ex-Ducati man happy then it must be good!!  See you at Chatsworth then photo.gif (photo opportunities) ?

Cheers,

Eric

Eric,

don't think either of us would like to say it's so much better than the Cup 260 in so many ways, f**k it is soooo flipping good, bigger grin even when stood looking at it; never thought I would say I love the red car so much (yes Sue chose the colour this time).

She has excellent taste Darryl smile.png .

Archived