litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

The Working Man

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Macey, love the car & the colour. I don't really feel qualified to welcome you to mloc as I've only been here a short time myself. So welcome to Lotus ownership, hope you enjoy it. We have some great Lotus roads in our area, best enjoyed ,in my opinion when others are not on them, evenings or mornings. Sundays are horrendous, best avoided unless you are as I say early morning. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Hi Macey,

Welcome to MLOC.

If your free tomorrow night join us at the Horse and Jockey in Sutton Coldfield for a few beers and Lotus chat.

Just look on the events section for Sutton Chapter few beers night. We're a friendly bunch with a few comedians and plenty of banter.

The Working Man, be great to see you too!

Hopefully see you tomorrow

Paul J

http://www.emberinns.co.uk/the-horse-and-jockey-sutton-coldfield/

Thanks again for all the welcomes. Strange thread this one as it was revived by Macey after being dormant for a while.

Dean B, the 340 is my 4th Lotus . First was a M100 Elan SE in 1997, followed by a type 49 111s in 2003. Then nothing for a while before returning to the fold with a s2 Elan M100 & then the 340 which I've had for just over 2 years. It's an interesting car, it was the EVO magazine car owned by Harry Metcalfe. I bought it from Harry through Paul Matty. They're good mates and used to race Elans against each other. I love everything about the 340, it's the most incredible car I have ever driven. It demands your absolute attention. The only problem I have is that I just can't stop driving it. Other cars are getting neglected & the mileage on this rare piece of expensive exotica keeps creeping up.

I'll definitely come to one of the meets at the Horse & Jockey , not sure about tomorrow.

I'm up for a drive now & then or even up for organising one or two if required.

Thanks again for all the welcomes. Strange thread this one as it was revived by Macey after being dormant for a while.

Dean B, the 340 is my 4th Lotus . First was a M100 Elan SE in 1997, followed by a type 49 111s in 2003. Then nothing for a while before returning to the fold with a s2 Elan M100 & then the 340 which I've had for just over 2 years. It's an interesting car, it was the EVO magazine car owned by Harry Metcalfe. I bought it from Harry through Paul Matty. They're good mates and used to race Elans against each other. I love everything about the 340, it's the most incredible car I have ever driven. It demands your absolute attention. The only problem I have is that I just can't stop driving it. Other cars are getting neglected & the mileage on this rare piece of expensive exotica keeps creeping up.

I'll definitely come to one of the meets at the Horse & Jockey , not sure about tomorrow.

I'm up for a drive now & then or even up for organising one or two if required.

Theres a run on sunday planned if u see the events section! Ur welcome to join us for a run and brekky

Archived