litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Steering Wheel Wobble - Solved!

Meister

Just had my A048's replaced with R888's this morning by Trade Tyres ( Well worth a try if you live in the west midlands - fitted round my house, no more expensive and they had all the gear! Thank you for the recommendation IanC).

I was told by a few people from MLOC that a change to R888's would get rid of terrible steering wheel wobble between 70 - 80mph, I have to say I was very sceptical as I had this quite badly on my S2 Exige.

The good news is that the change has completely got rid of the issue!!!!

So  Toyo R888's for me from now on!

Mark

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much cost the whole operation ?

Well the R888's are circa £300 per set cheaper than A048's for starters,at about £625.

The fitting was £10 per corner + vat balanced and fitted - so total cost while sat on the sofa in comfort was £48.

Mark

Just had my A048's replaced with R888's this morning by Trade Tyres ( Well worth a try if you live in the west midlands - fitted round my house, no more expensive and they had all the gear! Thank you for the recommendation IanC).

I was told by a few people from MLOC that a change to R888's would get rid of terrible steering wheel wobble between 70 - 80mph, I have to say I was very sceptical as I had this quite badly on my S2 Exige.

The good news is that the change has completely got rid of the issue!!!!

So Toyo R888's for me from now on!m

Mark

I went through exactly the same thing with mine. Ended up on 888s & have never looked back.

Must admit, I really don't get why there is this problem with the Yokos, & why Lotus & their dealers maintain the pretence of it not being an issue - baffling when you consider it's clearly a fundamental problem.

Archived