litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Castle Combe Race

TheRon

It's been a while since I've posted any race footage from the MR2 championship but here are a couple of races from Castle Combe on Saturday. The interesting thing is that there are two MLOC'ers in these races ;-)

Race 1:

Race 2:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Tim :)

It was my baptism of fire in the MR2 Championship at Castle Combe on Saturday, and what an amazing day!

With a grid of 34 cars the racing was intense, with nose to tail battles throughout the entirety of each race. I will upload the video's when they are done - living in the sticks broadband speed is not a strong point!

I just want to say a HUGE thanks to Tim who guided me through the whole thing. As a seasoned racer it was another walk in the park for him, but for me it was non stop both on and off track and on the day my head never stopped spinning! I owe you big time mate and I hope one day I can repay you in some way :)

I'll write a full race report when I get chance (if anyone is interested), but for anybody who is thinking of racing the MR2 Championship really is a great series - and I'll see if I can loan Tim out to you for a fee ;)

Tim I really really enjoyed those videos - I spent the whole time willing you to get past another, there was real dramatic tension! As Martin says the racing looks great fun.

Well done Miles too - a jolly decent debut.

Really enjoyed that miles, some great battles going on there!!! You and tim finished really well, looking forward to getting over to a meeting.

Stu are you still racing?

It's amzing how it gets under you skin.........

No decided to build a space ship. Tis cheaper!!! Lol!

Not really, just did it for a long time and financially needed to stop and also got sad at state of car.

I'll be back out in something in the future. But like being able to pick and choose odd races.

Do miss the lunacy though!!

Archived