litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Stack Illumination Or Lack There-Of

Sanctum

As a newbie to the MLOC forums, I will take the usual stance of asking a stupid/dificult/irritating question and expect everyone to instantly drop everything and help wink.png

But seriously... Having just bought my first Lotus (a little S1 elise) I'm really looking forward to being a part of the Lotus community and meeting a few of you all at track days. But before I can do that I need to fix a couple of small problems on my new track mule.

First up is the Stack. I'm assuming the sticky/sluggish speedo and rpm needles is fairly common. I'm putting it down to lack of use (27k miles in 15 years) and expect them to free up. More urgent is the lack of illumination. All the warning lights work, but there is no illumination when the side or main beam headlight button is engaged. On the plus side, the headlight buttons do light up correctly, so I would hope it's just a bulb gone in the stack itself.

If anyone has a wiring diagram of the stack unit or has been round this loop before, a bit of learning prior to pulling the unit out would be most welcome.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After searching for "Tachometer" instead of "Stack", I may have spotted that I have dimmed the illumination by accident using the little push button on the steering cowl. Not having read the manual, I didn't know that function existed, but I did hold that button in for a few seconds the other day trying to reset the trip.

Can't wait to get home and find out I don't have a broken stack unit! (or do :S)

After searching for "Tachometer" instead of "Stack", I may have spotted that I have dimmed the illumination by accident using the little push button on the steering cowl. Not having read the manual, I didn't know that function existed, but I did hold that button in for a few seconds the other day trying to reset the trip.

Can't wait to get home and find out I don't have a broken stack unit! (or do :S)

Hello and welcome to Mloc!

S1's aren't the brightest of things anyway, or at least mine isn't.

As for the sluggish speedo try the speed reset details can be found through the seloc wiki for this.

If the speed dial is still sluggish/bouncy try cleaning/readjusting the wheel speed sensor on the rear pax side hub

Archived