All is set fot the first round of Lotus Cup Italia 2014. The Italian cup series will be on track next weekend in Adria for the first of six events of this season.
Ten cars will be on the grid including
- the reigning champ Vito Utzieri, who will be under ADV Motorsport colours;
- Andrea Agazzi, from Bergamo, will debut in the Lotus Cup with a Lotus Elise Cup PB-R prepared by MM Motorsport;
- Alberto Grisi is another new entry in the racing series and his car will be managed by AGV Racing;
- Marco Fiore, from Switzerland, will share his car - prepared by Essecorse - with Luca Lorenzini in this first round;
- Fabrizio Scolari and his daughter Sharon, one of the two ladies who will compete, will drive for ScoRace;
- Siliprandi Racing’s car: the Elise prepared in Mantua will be driven by Marco Coldani and the former Ferrari F1 driver, Ivan Capelli: both are focused on conquering the championship but they will certainly not find it easy.
- Two cars also for Cipriani Motorsport, one driven by Luli Del Castello (the second young girl at the start) and the other by Claudio Paraschiw.
- Filippo Manassero and Mario Minella will share the same Elise under Giafima Motorsport management;
- The final car, will be in the hands of Sergio Remondino, editor of Autosprint motorsport magazine, who will drive the VIP car prepared by PB Racing.
PB Racing (Lotus Cars official dealer and motorsport centre in Italy) together with Hexathron Racing Systems will offer a dedicated technical support to all teams and drivers. They will also organise a special off-track event on saturday night for the Italy vs England world-cup football match.
- After the free practices, the racing weekend on the italian circuit will heat up on saturday 14th June from the 12.55 to 13.20 with the unique qualify session (and not just because of the high temperatures expected in Adria). Later, at 20.20, Race 1 will start almost under the moon for 20 laps of pure fight; Race 2 will see the green light on sunday afternoon at 15.15. Both races will be broadcasted live on the Gruppo Peroni Race’s Youtube channel and, next thursday, one of the winners will be guest at “Griglia di Partenza”.
This post has been promoted to an article