litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Induction Or Exhaust

J M Stott

Hello,

I know this has been asked many times and your probably all sick of the question but...

I have an Elise 111s, all standard, never been messed with, i am wanting to give the car more of a 'grunt' when its at idle, im not fussed about giving it any extra power (yet phone1.gif ) but just wanted to know what i can do to make it sound better when idle, i have heard about removing the valve on the drivers side exhaust, or putting induction kits on or exhaust etc etc etc, but which route do i go down, at the moment i don't have a big budget (having only bought the car a couple months back) and at some point im sure i will be doing a lot more to it.

Any help would be much appreciated

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Induction won't sound any different really at idle, it's not until high revs and under load you hear the benefits.

The exhaust valve mod takes 2 seconds, just unplug the vacuum pipe from the valve and block it off, a zip tie works.

If you want sound then start with the exhaust. I've just put a janspeed roadsport on my 111s and it isn't that loud until you give it some throttle.

Archived