litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Hobby.

Alex B

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When i bought my VX220 a couple of years ago i got about 10 minutes in it before this happened to me as well - terrifying when it's the first time you've driven anything like this! Glad you got through it okay

Oooooooo that looks like great fun...... Not....

Judging by that pic, I reckon you would have been safer hogging the middle lane.....

If slowed down to about 45 so wouldn't have kept up with the traffic flow.

My worst memory of driving in wet weather happened on the way from St Malo to Le Mans Classic a couple of years ago in my 1275 GT. Literally couldn't see where i was going when i came down heavy at times. Bad enough in a classic mini, but I did feel slightly better off than the guy that came past in one of the very early single seater open top Lotus race cars wearing a pi$$ pot and goggles boat.gif

The A60 was pretty bad this morning too biggrin.png

laugh.gifboat.gif

I got caught out twice going Southbound on the M50 on A048s. Once hitting a river of water flowing across the motorway, the other was when it started snowing and I got stuck in the middle lane with a 4x4 up my exhaust! Very scary indeed.

Archived