litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Saw My Evora On The Production Line

chris_h

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds good, how come you were at the factory?

We we're invited to a customer review day. Basically consisted of 5 owners, Evora IPS, Evora S, Evora Manual, Elise and us with the Exige V6.

We got taken round the track in an Exige Roadster and Evora S Sports Racer, factory visit, then a Q&A session, including were lotus are now and pland for the future, although they said they couldn't give much away, some things were hinted at.

140 at Hethal?

didn't think any of the straights were long enough, not even sure you would hit 140 at Snetterton!

Definitely saw an indicated 140 in the Exige. After being taken out by Dan from the driving academy I can safely say I don't have the talent to get the most out of ours. He did a few flying laps then most of the rest we're spent side ways. My calves ached today though from having to push on the passenger foot rest to stop myself flying through the windscreen. The brakes are immense!

What were the hints then?

Reading between the lines. The Evora platform will be here for another 10 years. Little chance at present of a convertible / roadster version due to development costs of around £60 million. Performance packs for current range a possibility. The 5 car, in 5 years plan is/was never going to happen.

Everything at present is geared towards improving quality, which is evident as you see the cars on the production line. Hopefully things are looking up.

• 3 weeks later...

Any news on this yet Chris?....only I just saw this post on seloc from someone who has just done the factory tour... "There was a brand new white Evora sport racer being worked on. The customer has purchased the full GTN kit so the technician was busy moving oil coolers etc around the front end to fit the kit. The splitter looked fantastic"......yours maybe?

Full thread here:-

http://forums.seloc.org/viewthread.php?tid=388684

Archived