litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

darryl

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Biggest problem for the Evora is the Cayman, especially the Cayman S (and now the Cayman GTS). The Evora is just too expensive and compromised compared to a similarly spec.ed Porka.

I'm a massive Lotus fan but the Evora really needs a 10 grand price drop to make it properly attractive.

, cayman will become like the boxster, a few years down the line and it will lost near all it's value through depreciation , every female hair dresser has a caymen these days. Infact I've never seen a man drive a cayman. you only need to look at s1 Elise's vs similar age boxster. Lotus going for 8-12k , porky going for 3-5k

Biggest problem for the Evora is the Cayman, especially the Cayman S (and now the Cayman GTS).

I'm convinced it is a better handling car than the Cayman (just) . But porsche does everything else very very well, so for most people the Cayman (or a 911) will win the day.

I wouldn't swap mine though!

I have owned 3 from new Dean, best ownership ever from hand over to dealer customer service, everything was perfect. I really couldn't make a comparison to the Evora but if the experts say a Cayman is better I'm inclined to believe them especially if they actually take the time to give the reason why. Saying that I think the Cayman is better looking, has a better interior and is probably a better ownership proposition but I'd rather own an Evora, that's a real hairdressers car, right there ;-)

I could really dig an Evora in the same red as Erics exige with a black roof.

Dean,

you getting a family Lotus; Evora "sports racer"? I assume you will be allowed to drive it from Devonshire Arms on the Sunday morning run?

I have owned 3 from new Dean, best ownership ever from hand over to dealer customer service, everything was perfect. I really couldn't make a comparison to the Evora but if the experts say a Cayman is better I'm inclined to believe them especially if they actually take the time to give the reason why. Saying that I think the Cayman is better looking, has a better interior and is probably a better ownership proposition but I'd rather own an Evora, that's a real hairdressers car, right there ;-)

I have never owned or driven a Porsche and never will, I have driven an Evora and own an Evora S

Archived