litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Ebay Nice Evora For Sale

P4N Lotus

Did go for a test drive in an S about a year after I bought the Evora, had to see if I was missing out. The car felt more planted, different suspension etc harder on the ride, more Elise ish. The extra bhp and torque was apparent accelerating in higher gears, as I anticipated but in the lower gears no real difference was evident, probably as both cars are so quick anyway from a standing start. As has been mentioned the big difference is in mpg; I get easily 19 around town and if I have my wife as a passenger 38 mpg is easily achieved on motorway driving . If I were to be on my own and cruising in three figures I am sure I would be able to achieve 27mpg . The S around town was down to 13/14mpg and at faster speeds I didn't bother to take a note as I had already dispelled my longing for an S. My normally aspirated Evora won the day, they are without doubt the best thing lotus have made up till now, my own opinion obviously we are all different. I am really looking forward to trying the new esprit as and when it is available..........hurry up Lotus!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen Christopher Neil's selling it for £32k, someone's, missed out on a potential £4k-5k saving on that motor, and the dealers scored a winner, get they making a £6-7k profit on that now on a lower trade in . Easy money

dont forget they have to add 20% vat to the price for starters.......well just love this one if only it was a +2.http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-s/2441581

Lovely interior. The Brit racing green and Motorsport racing green are so rare. I just missed out on a Motorsport green evora about a week before I bought my white one

dont forget they have to add 20% vat to the price for starters.......well just love this one if only it was a +2.http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-s/2441581

On a used car, I believe you'll find that the dealer only pays VAT on the difference between the invoiced "buy-in" to "sell-out".

This is why, when trading-in, the paperwork will often show the car at a better value against the purchase price of the new car than it would otherwise as a simple buy-in. The cost-to-change for the new car will be the same to the purchaser - but improves the potential margins on the eventual resale of the trade-in (since as it reduces the tax payable to the Revenue). Overall, this practice maximises profit for the dealer across two transactions.

Archived