litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

My New Purchase - Car Content

Digi

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice! There is no denying matt paint looks stunning. I just worry it'd be hard to keep clean. You'll have to tell us how the first wash goes...

Is that paint or a wrap.

I considered a satin pain finish on mine but could not live with not being able to polish it (yes I am sad)

Swissvax does some cleaning gear specifically for satin/matt finishes

Very nice! There is no denying matt paint looks stunning. I just worry it'd be hard to keep clean. You'll have to tell us how the first wash goes...

Matt and Satin are a fecker to keep clean. On black satin I used Autoglym bumper care, worked a treat. I haven't cleaned the new white satin yet but it certainly hides any bodywork issues unlike the black. Having said that it looks the nuts, well done on your purchase, enjoy.

Is that one of the Stratton Elises? Have to say I was really tempted by one of those and went over to get the full story from Guy Munday in person, but got cold feet after seeing "Stratton Motor Sport" as the manufacturer on the V5.

Looks good though matey.

Bought from Murray's in Scotland, full paint.
As for cleaning, no problem actually easier than a gloss car.
There are special products, so it is not a problem keeping the car in pristine condition.

When I bought it I thought it would be a Marmite colour, you either hate it or you like it, the fact is it gets a lot of attention and to date assuming they honest no one has said they do not like it.

Thanks for the compliments guys, just one mod at present, I have had the interior fully carpeted.
I will adding a midi sub as sound system is not up to scratch.

post-1691-0-64265900-1399625713_thumb.jpg

post-1691-0-18169600-1399625829_thumb.jpg

post-1691-0-45068700-1399626107_thumb.jpg

Yes - I like the gloss black stripes with it too.

As for adding a sub - I'd really like to add one to mine - but so that it is not in the way - so if you manage it and its a worthy improvement, let us know.

Hi Digi !

Nice car! I am a relative newbie aswell - got my 1st Lotus (Elise) in December. From/in Peterborough aswell (I see your profile says nr Peterborough).

Let me know if you ever fancy a chat and a blat !!

Mark

Archived