litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Practical Classics Buying Guide - Lotus Elise Series One Photoshoot

VickyD

Hi All

Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place but 'General' seemed to cover this request.

Practical Classics are doing a buying guide on the Series One Lotus Elise (1996 - 2000) and I need to find an unmodified Series one in good condition for the photshoot.

The car doesn't have to be concours but it does need to be factory spec (the actual spec doesn't matter but we don't use modified cars for the guide) and clean and tidy.

Ideally a 'colour' car would be good as these photograph better than white cars (the studio is white so we can 'lose' the car) and black cars make the page look very monochromatic.

We do pay fuel expenses to get you to Derby and back but this is capped at £100 (sorry to people up in Scotland or down on the South coast) which hopefully gives a wide catchment area.

So if you have a standard spec Series one Elise in a colour, are interested and able to take it to Derby before May 23rd for a photoshoot (the studio is open on Saturday and Sunday as well) please let me know either via this forum or mail to [email protected] with a snapshoot which I can show the Art Ed.

Any questions please mail me at [email protected] or ask on the thread and I will answer as clearly as possible.

Many thanks for your time.

Vicky Dredge

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it will be john Colleys studio being derby? If so he's a great photographer, I use him for our company work.

Good opportunity for someone to get some great pictures of your car.

The challenge will be to find a standard s1 I suppose. Most have been modded a bit.

Exactly what i thought when i read it Dean! Alex b is local and has the perfect s1 but its modded....

Exactly what i thought when i read it Dean! Alex b is local and has the perfect s1 but its modded....

You've seen the paint work on mine right?

You've seen the paint work on mine right?

Not yet no, but from the way u were banging on about it when you bought it, i thought it was a minter?!

Bang some t-cut on it and get it in this magazine!

Hi All

Sorry for the delay in getting back to the forum, I was out of the office yesterday.

Yes it is John Colleys studio in Derby and I have to say that we have never had a bad set of pictures from him (no he doesn't pay me to say this!).

The MLOC will certainly get a mention in the article and the contact details will also be put in the side panel so people know where to go to join.

Unseen mods usually get thru' as we don't take detailed shots of the car but we do do the engine bay so anything obvious there usually means we can't use the car.

I've replied this morning to the people who have already sent mails but if there are any other owners who are interested the deadline is tomorrow lunchtime to register due to the short lead time on this one.

Many thanks

Vicky

Hi Vicky

Thanks for putting MLOC's details by the article. I don't suppose you have a list of events in the magazine do you? If you do it would be great if you could include our annual summer event "MLOC@Chatsworth 2014". It is on Sunday 27th July, and the details can easily be found in either of two threads on here.

What are the chances? We would like as many Lotuses as possible to come along.

Thank you.

Dean

Hi Dean

I can't get this in the article as it will be published after your event but what I can do is pass the details onto another Bauer title, Classic Car Weekly if that's OK. Their deadlines are a lot shorter as they are a weekly whereas most of the monthly mags have put July and August to bed and are working on September.

Thanks

Vicky

Archived