litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Tyre Help Needed

Greg.g

Need some advice quickish please.

Just took my car for its MOT and it failed on the inside edge of the left hand rear tyre. They are pretty well worn down to between 2~3mm but i hoped they would squeeze through, but no luck.

Now i have yokohama advan neova's all round. The fronts have 6mm. I have just phoned up eliseparts and they only have left hand rears, but no pairs are available. They have been waiting for stock for about a month. I never replace just one tyre. I gave camskill a call but they dont stock themsad.gif

My car had been sorn'd so its out of MOT now.

So it seems i have a choice of just replacing one tyre or replacing both rears with a different model / tread pattern.

I could phone round some lotus dealers but i cannot drive my car to them to get them fitted. I doubt they would have any in stock anyway.

I had hoped to get the car taxed again for Maycrybaby.gif

Greg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the AD08's now. A pair would set me back £218 supply only from camskill. A massive saving over the advans.

How do you think these rears would work with advans on the front ?

It looks like Hangar 111 are currently out of stock too but you could try Kelvedon Lotus (£133.65 plus VAT plus delivery) or Brooke Kensington (£139.99 plus VAT plus delivery). I've used all three for Advans over the years!

http://www.kelsport.net/parts/products.asp?CategoryID=23&PartsectionID=36

http://www.brooke-kensington.co.uk/ppartl3.htm

Looking at the AD08's now. A pair would set me back £218 supply only from camskill. A massive saving over the advans.

Hi Greg,

I ran Advans on the front and AD08's on the rear for about 3 months on my S1 with no problems or difference in feel of the car, I now have AD08's all round for road use and find them great in all conditions.

Hope this helps,

Andy.

Which model is it? There's a few of us myself included running toyo proxes tr1's with surprisingly good results. I have the wider fronts on mine which helps again I'm sure but they have proven themselves on track and road. Not fashionable but a very competent tyre.

Ran mine with Ado8 on the rear and Ad07 on the front, not a problem at all. Great grip, tread pattern is more of a semi slick :)

Archived