litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

V6 - V8 Owner Question?

P4N Lotus

Does/Has owning a V6/V8 changed your driving style? When I owned any 4 cylinder and particularly the elise I tended to blast it around every second, but since getting a v6 I tend be more relaxed as the torque is there when you need it, just love the sound of a v6. Anyone experienced this also?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never had a V8 engine, but we're exactly the same in Esprits. We tended to drive very whizzy in the Exige & VX220 compared to how gracefully we drove/drive the Esprits.

And even with the Land Rover & Jimny. The Jimny revs very high, so tends to get thrashed and thrown around. It's RWD & mud tyres makes it behave like a yob that likes to screech around roundabouts and bends.... Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! blush.gifbiggrin.pngwink.png

From graceful, to hooligan, in seconds. That's the motto of our S4s! punk.gif
E&R. biggrin.png

Yep often change gear 1-3-5 in my SC V6 S4 chilling really low down in the range and hardly ever take it to the max. My NA V8's on the other hand RS4, M3 & ISF required I get a buzz at least once a day..... The ISF was awesome.

Archived