litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Track Day Quick Question

ollie

Evening

Got my first trackday coming up soon.

Ive got Toyo T1-R Tyres fitted at the minute. Just wondering how well they work around a track.

Also what PSI Should i be running them at.

Thanks

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ran my exige 240 at le mans on them, no probs.... Cooked a bit in 30 plus heat but let them cool again and back out for more! No probs!

Re the psi i just adjusted them as needed depending on the temps etc...

Hi Chris

Thanks for the reply ive heard mixed reviews about them on the track so just got me thinking.

Do you know what they should be set at roughly by any chance

I found they suffer with soft side walls particularly at the rear but once you get used to it they are pretty good. Normal pressures will be fine, 22psi F / 24psi R.

Just make sure you start off steady, let them warm up before you put in any hot laps. They take quite a while to warm up too!

S1 or S2?

On an S1 you want them to be in the region of 24 to 25 at the front and 27 to 28 at the rear when HOT.

If you drive quick enough you'll really feel the sidewalls rolling over if you run them any lower, I say that from experience.

Ok Thanks Chris

They will be run on a S2 Exige.

I plan to start of slowly try and work the track out and see how it goes :)

Im sure there will be some tail end movement :)

So the mate i was with at le mans with reclons pressures were probably around 24f 26r hot and 20f 22r cold!

Im no lewis hamilton on track and have done le mans twice, in an elise on ad07s and in my exige on these t1r's as a daily they were fine on road and did me on track for what i need!

Enjoy

Dan,

It would be interesting to know how you go about deciding the best pressures. I thought it was by checking the wear against a set point (888's have a little arrow), and adjusting the pressure - or is there a better way?

I'm currently using AD08s and have had fun on AD07s and A048's but it was more guessing what to use with no real science behind it (hangs head in shame - my OCD missed that chance)

I usually check the fronts are the same and the rears are the same (at what ever I decide to use) on a decent digital tyre gauge and then go and have some fun.

So what are the do's and don'ts and what to look out for - be especially useful as TD fever is coming round again ... (reminds me - I've a TD on my insurance to use up before end of May)

Well i had my trackday on Wednesday and was more than impressed with the grip they gave. They started to get a bit to soft when i stayed out for 20mins at one point could notice the back starting to twitch.

Overall it was a fantastic day and cant wait to go again at some point :)

DSC9958

DSC0096

DSC9271

DSC9512

Archived