litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Busy Day

nordberg

Wakey wakey time for the lotus this morning

20140328_093846_zpsohepow6g.jpg

Dropped on a flat bed bound for Gav at Unit 4. Wanting to take advantage of the space and good weather I decided to move some of my motoring memorabilia from my summer house to the garage.

20140328_145404_zpsa3cw72tc.jpg

After which I moved my wife's MG midget into place.

20140328_151131_zpsqnzggk79.jpg

For some reason there seems to be quite a lot more room to move now ;-)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a midget for a while after I sold my 111S. More fun at half the speed! Hollywood tyres on all corners as they were only 145 wide! It was a 1275 RWA in black. It ended up failing an MoT on corrosion.

My dad still has his late 1500 midget from new. It's done 41000 dry miles now, and is superb.

Great little cars....

Love that Midget.

You garage and trolley jack are far too clean smile.png

John, The portion of the garage you see is the extended bit. I built it just over a year ago to house the Lotus. I was renting a council garage for 7 years and figured it made economic sense building the extension instead of sinking more cash into a lost cause. That's probably why it looks so clean. As for the trolly jack... its had some use ;)

Can you pop round and do out my garage too please :-)

Jonny, I wish i had time ;)

I had a midget for a while after I sold my 111S. More fun at half the speed! Hollywood tyres on all corners as they were only 145 wide! It was a 1275 RWA in black. It ended up failing an MoT on corrosion.

My dad still has his late 1500 midget from new. It's done 41000 dry miles now, and is superb.

Great little cars....

Kurt, My wife bought the Midget just over a year ago and we have done very few miles to speak of due to issues with things that we were not aware of prior to purchase. I am getting close to completing \ MOTing the car and have just insured it in anticipation, so with a little luck (and a bit more cash) we should be enjoying it in the next couple of months :)

Archived