litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Rev Limiter.

Alex B

As most of you know I've recently purchased an S1 running a VVC engine.

Although I haven't picked it up yet I'm looking at further mods.

After a look at the engine I believe it to be a later 156bhp engine dyno'd at 126bhp at the wheels. I believe it to be running an eu2 ecu not sure if this is right.

While test driving it I got chatting to the current owner about rev limits, he wasn't sure what it limited at but thought it to be somewhere around 7.5k which seems far to high in my opinion.

Now I've been considering putting an omex rev limiter and launch control system on it for peace of mind.

Or do I go the whole hog and get an omex 600 or emerald ecu allowing me to have the engine mapped to mods?

The engine is out of a mg either an F or TF

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EU2 VVC will have the coil packs on the front of the engine. EU3 will have them on top of the plugs.

Going off memory I think it's the eu2, did the eu2 come on later VVC engines or just the early 143bhp engine?

Engine is standard as far as I know except for breathing mods, 4-2-1 exhaust system and air filter.

As far as I know it's the correct ecu, I know the current owner had some issues with the ecu and the cobra alarm system.

Engine is standard as far as I know except for breathing mods, 4-2-1 exhaust system and air filter.As far as I know it's the correct ecu, I know the current owner had some issues with the ecu and the cobra alarm system.

Then leave it alone and enjoy it! Nothing there requires a different ecu.

EU2 and EU3 are the engine designations. EU2 in the S1 111s and EU3 in the S2 111s AFAIK the only differences are the coil pack postions, also the EU3 VVC has the inlet and exhaust valves unshrouded in the chamber to supposedly give another 10 bhp ish. The EU3 also uses triple cut valve seats, i dont know if the EU2 does?

It might sound radical mate but you could always try looking at your rev counter and when the needle gets to 6 1/2 change up!

just incase i forget in the heat of the moment on track... im thinking more for piece of mind rather than to use it as an indication of when to change.

EU2 and EU3 are the engine designations. EU2 in the S1 111s and EU3 in the S2 111s AFAIK the only differences are the coil pack postions, also the EU3 VVC has the inlet and exhaust valves unshrouded in the chamber to supposedly give another 10 bhp ish. The EU3 also uses triple cut valve seats, i dont know if the EU2 does?

i was reading somewhere within the depths of seloc that the S1 111S engine doesn't have the same pistons as the S2 111S.

7500rpm Pah! Try 8250 Alex!

When I had a 111S I seem to think it went well up to 7300. I don't think the extra 200rpm is of massive concern. Any pics of the car?!? :-)

7500rpm Pah! Try 8250 Alex!

When I had a 111S I seem to think it went well up to 7300. I don't think the extra 200rpm is of massive concern. Any pics of the car?!? :-)

Good morning Kurt,

No pictures (other than the advert pictures) as of yet as i haven't collected it yet, currently waiting for the engine swap paper work to be returned to the current owner.

Indeed the EU3 does have 160 pistons. Im getting forgetful in my old age smile.png

dropped the guy an email and he says it is a EU3 engine :)

Archived