litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Need A More Exciting Exhaust But Not Too Exciting!

Robo Elise

Had my Elise S 134bhp for 3 years now and really fancy a better exhaust. I think it's just the standard one fitted. Nothing special sound wise :-( What can anyone recommend? I have spent some time searching but just wondered what my fellow Mloc's advise :-)

Thanks in advance

Rob

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had my Elise S 134bhp for 3 years now and really fancy a better exhaust. I think it's just the standard one fitted. Nothing special sound wise :-( What can anyone recommend? I have spent some time searching but just wondered what my fellow Mloc's advise :-)

Thanks in advance

Rob

Rob

You followed me in my red Elise when I had it....the exhaust was a Larini Club Sport which IMO not only sounded fantastic but was a work of art! Also had hurricane induction kit other that a standard car.

Mark

Rob

You followed me in my red Elise when I had it....the exhaust was a Larini Club Sport which IMO not only sounded fantastic but was a work of art! Also had hurricane induction kit other that a standard car.

Mark

I remember that day mate :-). Yes it did sound cool. I also remember you asking me if it was too loud! It wasn't as loud as some I've heard! I will look into a Larini one as well. Was it already on the car when you bought it or did you have it fitted?

I remember that day mate :-). Yes it did sound cool. I also remember you asking me if it was too loud! It wasn't as loud as some I've heard! I will look into a Larini one as well. Was it already on the car when you bought it or did you have it fitted?

Rob

One of the reasons I brought that car was that it had the Larini Club sport fitted, however I had already decided I was having a Larini fitted after test driving an Elise with one on.

The reason I was asking you if you thought it was loud was that I was planning to get the car on track the following week. As it turns out you will have no worries as the combination of the hurricane and clubsport still only put out circa 94dbA static - so no problems if you ever want to take it on track.

If you want one slightly quieter then you could look at the Larini sport.

Mark

Robo, I have just removed an Elise parts signature repackable exhaust from my 111r which will fit your car.

It sounded fantastic, I didn't think it droned when at a constant speed if I'd say you would barely know it's there while maintaining a steady speed. However as soon as you hit the loud pedal it would come alive.

Thanks for the kind offer Alex :-)

Let me know as n when you wanna borrow it to try.

Only thing to note is with most after market exhausts of the Toyota engines cars the heat shield has to be trimmed.

Archived