litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

The Next Chapter...

Alex B

Well, you went for it then? It looks like a good choice.

When do you pick it up?

Yes Alan I decided to go for it.

Just gotta wait for him to get the v5 back from having the engine numbers swapped over. Shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice, someone has spent a lot on that. Ideal for a track car and weekend special.

That's the plan Martin, fingers crossed it all goes to plan, and I should be able to get a run about in the next few weeks.

Alex, I am being deadly serious now, if you ever want to part with that s1 will you let me know? It is right up my street. Great spec - it will absolutely fly on track.

Hopefully I'll be keeping this one for some time.

It might fly on track if I knew how to drive...

I remember the current owner modifying that car for the exact reason you want to buy it (track days) - I bought his performance box off him when he was upgrading to a data logging system - it's a well put together car and definitely a good purchase! Enjoy smile.png

You best get Cadwell booked, we can try it out there....

Suppose I better do.

I remember the current owner modifying that car for the exact reason you want to buy it (track days) - I bought his performance box off him when he was upgrading to a data logging system - it's a well put together car and definitely a good purchase! Enjoy smile.png

He didn't manage many after he had the conversion done. It seems to have all the right things done to it.

If you want to soften the spring, you might be better swapping the full kit as the damper are valved to match the spring rate. Std trackday nitron are 400/475.

A jump of 100 and 200 may be be to big.

Careful with modded S1, you start with a good sportscar and you end up with a track focus car if not a race one... :)

If you want to soften the spring, you might be better swapping the full kit as the damper are valved to match the spring rate. Std trackday nitron are 400/475.

A jump of 100 and 200 may be be to big.

Careful with modded S1, you start with a good sportscar and you end up with a track focus car if not a race one... :)

I was gonna ring nitron up about spring ratings actually, to see what they advise with regards spring rates n valving .

Nitron told me that the dampers are very tolerant to changing the springs and keeping the same valves. That was when I wussed out of the track spring rates on my S1 exige and went for something a lot softer. No idea if they would be better with different valves as I have not tried them.

Btw, I am sure you know that even mildly tuned s1 Elise's can bite very hard. It will need much more respect than your S2. I know you have had an s1 before but an extra 20hp in an s1 makes a big difference.

Archived