litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Where To Find A Second Hand Ecu

Christopher Lawless

I wanted to get my Exige's ecu reflashed when it was in for it's service and mot at Christopher Neil's recently. However it turns out Lotus can't flash ecu's with the serial number starting with the letter A (which mine does).

Does anyone know where to find a good second hand one which I can get reflashed and roughly how much one would cost? It's not something I've ever really looked for before so wouldn't know where to start.

Cheers

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris I have an ECU mapped for an NA running 2bular manifold, decat, exhaust and ITG induction. Initially it was Hanger111GT reflashed then properly mapped at EA on the rolling road. I had it for sale last year briefly for £250 but I took it off sale as I wanted a 111R until I bought Marks S1.

Chris I have an ECU mapped for an NA running 2bular manifold, decat, exhaust and ITG induction. Initially it was Hanger111GT reflashed then properly mapped at EA on the rolling road. I had it for sale last year briefly for £250 but I took it off sale as I wanted a 111R until I bought Marks S1.

Jonny how specific to your car is the map now? Would it need remapping for another car? How bad is the standard map as I was only thinking of dropping the cam change point originally ;-)

The ECU is specific to that set up Chris to include induction and exhaust. You should go the whole hog and scratch that itch lol. Honestly though if you do want it at all in the future I wouldn't charge you that for it but I may at some point use it again myself in the future.....its one of those maybe, maybe not items to keep lying around.

Archived