litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Where's White Van Man When You Need Him?

Mutley00

I know they've been much maligned in the past for their motorway driving, but when it comes to letting you out at junctions or flashing you through on a narrow road, I find them up there with the best of them. We'd been sat at a junction for a while with SWMBO driving and she was starting to get irate at the number of drivers that wouldn't delay their journey by 10 seconds max to let us out. So I started categorising the drivers as they came passed, on the chances they'd let us out...

Young girl in Fiesta - no chance. How they have less crashes than lads their age I'll never know

Middle age bloke in BMW - dream on!

Slightly older bloke in Merc - ditto

Middle age woman in people carrier - the worst drivers on the road. Aren't even aware of anyone else on the road.

Middle age woman in people carrier (with kids in) - sorry these are the worst drivers

Old bloke in Toyota - I'll forgive him as he looked like my Dad. But have you seen the dings on my Dad's car?

White Van Man - Yeess or rather no, my mistake, its a Minibus Taxi

Aha - 30 / 40 something lad in Focus ST...........and we're on our way!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my mrs has a focus st, you would have no chance with her, she falls into any category and then some....

I always let same car drivers out or nice cars out... Big boobies and its a dead cert...... :-)

***i take it back, she says she would let any lotus out, but nothing else...says lotus drivers are a nice bunch....

Blimey, she's even met Alex...

It seems most categories of people won't let you out. Does that say something about them, or you? ;)

Have to say I'm quite a courteous driver for letting polite people in and I drive a beemer sometimes :lol

Archived