litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

As A Result Of...

Alex B

Saturdays track day, my rear tyres are a little bit close to the limit, so although i am selling the car in order for me to keep driving it i need to replace them.
my fronts are hardly worn AD07's however i cannot seem to get hold of AD07 rears for love nor money.

now has anyone ran ad07 fronts with ad08 rears? and could there be any potential problems with doing so...?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm running 07s front and 08s rear. Couldn't fault the handling of my car at blyton.

I can second that. I had a pax with Rich and was very impressed with the grip and balance. And tbe pedaling as it happens. :-)

I though you can only get ad08s in 205 for the fronts

you're right sheldon but to my knowledge you can fit 205 to standard size elise wheels.

looks like i'll be ordering a pair of ad08 rears in the morning then.

not ideal with selling the car but thats the cost of trackdays.

you're right sheldon but to my knowledge you can fit 205 to standard size elise wheels.

looks like i'll be ordering a pair of ad08 rears in the morning then.

not ideal with selling the car but thats the cost of trackdays.

I know loads of people over on seloc are running ad07 front and ad08s on the rear. So I don't think you will have a problem there. I would check whether you can put 205s on the front of an elise. I have heard people running 195 888s but not 205s on standard elise 175 wheel.

Personally I'd hang on as long as possible with your old tyres....no point chucking your money away if you sell the car next week....

In fairness scatty, I've been hanging on since January as it is. Don't wanna risk 6points.

I'm running 07s front and 08s rear. Couldn't fault the handling of my car at blyton.

I noticed yours on saturday, as I had just had AD08's fitted to my rears a few days before Blyton I paid £230 for the pair fitted, which I was very pleased with, the rear grip was fantastic.

Archived