litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Had Enough Of Derbyshire Drivers!

winthattt

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've found driving at the speed limit a revelation. Didn't really used to but over the last few years have really made the effort and big gaps in traffic too. Not saying you don't of course. I get cut up, I get pulled out on all the time, I get over taken and I really couldn't give a hoot. But OMG the one thing that pisses me right off is tossers that pull out around vehicles turning directly into on coming traffic without the slightest thought that maybe and most probably another vehicle will be coming the other way....and that happens every bloody day.

Jonny, Yes, I am Mr. Speed limit on the roads and big gaps as well, speed is for the track not the highway and yes, what hacked me off at the week end was two people just cutting in front of me, one oncoming pulling out into my lane and the other crossing straight in front of me going into the filling station.

I have my own theory why this happens so much in Derbyshire. In my village they are starting a community orchard. Stage 1 was dig some holes and take soil samples, stage two is plant some apple trees and sample the fruits (this autumn). Why are they doing this? Because the whole area of Derbyshire has areas of lead contamination from little mines, 100s of years ago. So that's it, the population is crazy from lead poisoning, radon from the rocks (it is a high radioactive area) and inbreeding. This theory is based on no science or understanding and therefore probably belongs on Seloc.

Archived