litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

What's It Worth?

Alex B

Maybe he has a mint S1 that he can offer you at trade value to offset the low offer? After all its the difference between the cost of S1 and yours that is your main concern.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he has a mint s1 but wants 13k ish for it

Tell him it's a deal. And 4k your way....tbh mate, I wouldn't even entertain a dealer unless they are buying it on behalf of a customer (like mine did)....

He must be daft if he thought you would entertain that comedy offer...

Just seen your advert on pistonheads. Those pics are brilliant...

I reckon you should remove the part about having the blisters done. You can tell them when you get a viewing, no need to tell them before. Paint a gorgeous picture, no negatives in it.... :-)

Tell him it's a deal. And 4k your way....tbh mate, I wouldn't even entertain a dealer unless they are buying it on behalf of a customer (like mine did)....

He must be daft if he thought you would entertain that comedy offer...

I agree except say 5k cash your way. See how he likes his own medicine.

4k seams to be what dealers will go for as a gap on that price of car. Whilst it appears to be legal robbery they do have vat on the profit, offer a warranty, usually service the car (badly) before sale and do not get the full sticker price. In some cases they can get stuck with a good car for many months as well.

When I come to sell my s2 I will probably offer it with a full mot, service and warranty and pitch 1-2k below dealer price, this will have to happen as Aimee at Silverstone is such a good sales lady that an a Evora will be in the drive in time.

......just got the better half a Fiesta ecoboost 125 in top titanium x spec, stunningly good car, almost as much fun as the Lotus and better to drive than my Audi. Mega impressed.

Nope smile.png

Gonna guess the one from my k series never came through the post?

I've not seen it, but TBH not that fussed.

Good luck with selling this car, shame you haven't managed to hold onto it a bit longer, I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you replace it with though!

Archived