litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Testing My New Gopro Camera

Dr H

OK,it's not driving the Lotus but it's fun!

Filmed 2 days ago as a test of my camera, still out there at the moment,and 2 more days on the slopes.....

Quality is much better if you view the video on Vimeo. The raw video file is awesome quality but when you upload to sites like Vimeo and youtube it always compresses it.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in Tignes 1st week of Feb. Snowed loads, so snow must have been good.

I did some pole cam footage aswell (skiing - with a ski-pole!). Just feels a bit wrong blasting down with a ski pole like a sword!! Luckily I didn't stab anyone!!

I do feel a bit of a pillock holding it out in front of me, but less of a pillock than having a camera sat on to of my helmet!

Snow has been really good. Snowed last night and was a blue sky day until about 3pm today. Snowing again now, fingers crossed for another clear morning but I think I might be pushing my luck.

I find it very easy to use, it produces amazing results, the vimeo clip is crap compared to the actual video file. Battery life isn't great in the cold but I have a spare with me all charged up and kept in a warm pocket.

I'll be using it on track - if I ever get the car out of the garage wink.png

Cool i am in Tignes in a couople of weeks, not been on a board for about 5 years so should be interesting.

I was looking at getting a go pro do you recommend it Leigh

sheldon you are welcome to have a go with mine at blyton next weekend if you want see if you can get on with it.

Archived