litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S2 Coolant Temp Rockets Form Cold....

jonnyfox

Just posted this on a few sites, lots of help so far from John JSR and Dan Webster....but just wondering if anyone's seen similar and what it may have been before ordering a new sensor.

I'm fairly sure on start up prior to changing expansion tank I saw a high initial reading drop to normal but I'm now a little hazy on this point. From cold the temp rockets to 90, panicking I've messed around bleeding it with help from from Dan after likely inducing more air but now I'm very sure I have no air left to bleed but the temp still rockets to 90 initially from cold before dropping to normal, pipes all hot including heater, rad hot. Temp climbs normally to 92 fan on (that's what it's set at), 88 fan off. If I leave it 3 maybe 4 hours then switch on the ignition the temp reads 82 and will slowly climb to 90 odd the slowly drop back to 80 without even starting the engine!

Any ideas, anybody experienced this before on a Toyota 2zz, still air in the system maybe or faulty sensor....I'm leaning towards the sensor now.

Cheers

Jonny

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely look at getting the sensor changed if you're sure it's not getting any more air in. It shouldn't fluctuate like.

Then bring it to our rollers....you won't believe the figures from what's been on it today ;)

Yea think so, I'm just curious if anybody else has had similar mate. Did Saturday go as well as the rolling road did today lol?

Archived