litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Latest 'heritage' S1 Elise From Lmsc - Jim Clark T49A

Phil S1

Emmanuel Beaufils of Le Mans Sports Cars has sent me info about his latest heritage S1 Elise.

This time he's found a low mileage 111s that has spent most of it's life in Cyprus as the basis for his version of a Jim Clark Type 49, similar to Lotus themselves did on the S2 Elise.

It's not for sale and it's left hand drive but thought I'd share a few photos with you anyway...

1393274495_1.jpg

1393272495_1.jpg

1384186498_1.png

Plenty more photos on his website for anyone interested:-

http://www.lmsc.info/lotus/making-of-projet-jim-clark-t49a-619.html

http://www.lmsc.info/lotus/elise-s1-heritage-jim-clark-626.html

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now this is where heritage schemes get a bit surreal, because to me, the JC colour scheme on the S2 is probably the best one I've ever seen, whereas the type 49 for example on a S2 looks absolute pants. The type 49 is fantastic on the S1. The one above is nice but not stunning for me, and certainly not as good as the S2 version.

Now this is where heritage schemes get a bit surreal, because to me, the JC colour scheme on the S2 is probably the best one I've ever seen, whereas the type 49 for example on a S2 looks absolute pants. The type 49 is fantastic on the S1. The one above is nice but not stunning for me, and certainly not as good as the S2 version.

Yeah I understand what you're saying Jonathan, about how some schemes sometimes better suit the S1 than the S2 and vice versa. Like you, I much prefer the Gold Leaf Type 49 as applied to the S1 rather than the S2 but then I would wouldn't I smile.gif

I reckon this one works equally as well externally on the S1 as Lotus' did on the S2 but think the interior is better, not that I dislike the S2 one either! I love the matt red leather and the retro steering wheel.

Archived