litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Single Key And Immobiliser Fob, How To Get A New One?

SDF1965

Hello all

We have just returned to the Lotus fold having owned a 111s S1 ( great car, sold to pay for a wedding), followed by TVR 280s, ( spent more time fixing it than driving it!) then a VX220 which was very good but not really the same.

We now have a standard S2, not CAT D like so many advertised, only issue we have is one key with immobiliser fob. I have seen fobs on ebay but we don't know the PIN code for the system

What are our options?

Look forward to hearing from you

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in the process of getting new keys for my car as the button on the key had worn through on both of them. Took them to a main dealer, with the log book and VIN number and then they want to charge me £160 for 1 key!

Turns out the key & fob is about £50 direct from Lotus parts - the programming bit that the dealer was to do was the extra £110! :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

If it is the same alarm system as the 04MY 111S, then you don't need the fob programmed.... I only had one fob when I bought mine, so bought another fob off ebay and programmed it myself with instructions found on SELOC. Only after I had paid £16 to Lotus for an archive search to get the original code which turned out to be wrong!!

HTH

• 2 weeks later...

Direct paste from SELOC....

If you have the S2 elise, where the code is entered by turning the key on and off, it can be sussed out quite easily.

1. basically, turn the key on and off 3 times within 5 seconds to enter program mode.
2. now turn the key on and count 1 flash, then turn the key off. if the telltale lamp flashes the first digit is incorrect, so repeat 1 again.
3. two flashes, turn off the key, again, the telltale will tell you if the number is wrong.

when the number of flashes are correct for the first digit, the telltale will stay out when you turn the key off. Write down the first digit, then move onto the next digit as above until you get that right. etc. once you have all the digits in the telltale light should go out with the ignition on.

Here is the programming section from the alarm manual:-

1. Disarm the system.
2. Prepare all the radio controls to program.
3. Turn the ignition ON , press both buttons of the new radio control. The transmitter led will
flash. Keep the buttons pressed until the led goes out.
4. Release the buttons and the led will illuminate permanently.
Repeat steps 3 and 4 for all the other radio controls for the system. All existing radio
controls must be retaught at this point.
5. Turn the ignition key ON and OFF 3 times in 5 seconds.
6. The LED will come on for 3 seconds indicating that you can insert the PIN code.
7. When the LED goes out turn the ignition ON and count the LED blinks to the number
which corresponds to the first digit of your PIN ( refer to the example: 2 blinks = 2 is the first
digit) then turn the ignition OFF. Repeat the same procedure for all the digits. If you make a
mistake wait 10 seconds with the ignition key OFF and go back to step 5.
8. Turn the ignition ON and use an electronic touch key (if applicable). The LED will come on permanently
indicating that the PIN is correct and that the electronic touch key has been identified.
9. Press button ‘A’ of a radio control, make sure that the led on the remote blinks and the
vehicle LED goes out for 1 second.
10. Repeat step 9 for all the radio controls you want to add .
11. To exit of the auto-learning procedure at any time, just turn the ignition OFF.

HTH

Archived