litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Petrol Cap Surround

J M Stott

Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody has an engineering drawing (or even just an accurate dimensions so i can do the drawing) of the aluminium surround that goes around the petrol cap, if not i will jest remove it and do it. I am going to get it machined out of steel and chrome plated as i am not a fan of how it looks at the moment and i think a bt of chrome wouldn't go amiss, or do you think its worth just polishing the aluminium up and lacquering it?

Has anybody done something similar to this?

Im also wanting to a lot of carbon dipping done on the interior, does anyone know of anywhere good to carbon dip around the west yorkshire area, preferable close to Halifax?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found these very helpful, I'm getting a load of other stuff anodised here at the end of the month. I actually had my three rings (fuel, Isolation and extinguisher) done in black only when I installed them the screws took away some of the black. I took them back had them stripped and redone again in silver.

http://www.badgeranodising.co.uk/

Archived