litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

What's Going On Here?

Meister

On a recent track day two 'incidents' are bothering me!

The first is on the video below ( turn up the volume! ) you will notice at about 3 sec's as I turn into the bend a 'creaking' sound - is this the anti roll bar/is this normal?? But more concerning is at 9 sec's the the loud 'knock/thud'. I was trying out the TCS as the track was wet and I was on full steering lock at the time - what do you think it could be??? Gav has cast his eye over it and can't find anything and it was definitely not anything left in the boot! At the time it sounded like it was coming from the front offside wheel area?

The second incident is take a look at the photo below - should sparks be flying!!!!!! However after studying the picture is it just the light reflecting off the track??

Answers on postcard please!!!

PR_140131_MSVT_BA_1023.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mark

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At 9 seconds it looks like you've put to much lock on and into understeer. If you are on full lock it could be the tyre rubbing on the arch liner/ chassis or it could be the unloaded tyre skipping.

Just my guess as it's very hard to tell from a video. The picture I think is just the light reflections from the following car.

Thanks Chris.

Mark

The noise at nine seconds is just as you go through the running water. It could be spray onto the arches or underside? As for the creak....could be anything. Maybe just your seat moving in its runners.

Thanks Winthatt

Possibly, but it sounds too much of a 'thud' to me to be water?

Mark

Is suggest playin the video with no sound at all. Problem solved. :)

Thuds knocks and creeks are all part and parcel of the cars.

Picture I'd say it's the head lights of the car behind.

Bollox it's fine Mark, get yourself on Dan's rolling road day and lets do lunch :-)

LOL! Just the answer I was looking for Jonny! Can't help but love you! I will come along for Dan's rolling road day - but even of I get the full 240bhp I still won't be able to go round Cadwell and frigin' quicker!!

Def sounds like seat runners, not sure of the loud knock, light reflecting. I'm no mechanic either so might be wrong:-). Keep us updated on the knock!

I will do Rob! Hope you are keeping well mate?

I played the video again. It is a thunk on my PC but sounds like water on my ipad. I suggest you only listen on an ipad and then the problem is fixed.

LOL!!

Is suggest playin the video with no sound at all. Problem solved. smile.png

Thuds knocks and creeks are all part and parcel of the cars.

Picture I'd say it's the head lights of the car behind.

Alex, I took your advice on a bike for my lad ( as there is a Specialized shop not far from me ) I was that impressed I brought one for me as well ( god knows when I am going to use the bloody thing though!! ).

Mark

Have you checked the plastic liner to see if it could have been the front wheels scrubbing... Mine had a small hole where the wheels had rubbed it....

At your age, the creaking was probably just your old man bones..... ;-)

Have you checked the plastic liner to see if it could have been the front wheels scrubbing... Mine had a small hole where the wheels had rubbed it....

At your age, the creaking was probably just your old man bones..... ;-)

I reckon Scatty was hiding in the boot and that was what u heard, him being flung around:-). He's just dying to get back in a Lotus;-)

Archived