litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Argh

Alex B

duvu7e3a.jpg3ejetyju.jpg

Well that's Sundays antics

Hard to see in the light but just had some stupid fucker reverse into me tesco.

Saw the clam bend upwards surprised it didn't snap.

The excuse I didn't see you cause it's low, well if you used your mirrors you dumb fuck you would have!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry to hear about this Alex - it's just hassle you probably don't need.

Mark

It's surprising how much hassle is involved. We shall see how the claim goes.

Anyone had experience with like for like hire cars?

Cheer mark.

Like-for-like hire cars I can comment on. I was driven into at trivial speed in my Datsun 350z, whilst I was stopped. It creased the bumper, but being an insurance job, they decided they needed to replace all kinds of stuff. Maybe it was necessary, maybe it wasn't, but it did make a trivial "fender bender" into a huge cost. The rented me a Mercedes SLK for the duration. I hated it. It was a proper hairdressers car. Huge power, loads of gadgets, but no joy in driving it at all. I wish I'd let them rent me a Ford Fiesta or something. It would have done the job, and I wouldn't have worried for the bits of pottering about I was doing that week. Had I planned any trips, I might have had a different view, but I just felt it was wasted money. Nice that they cared to look after me, but actually, it wasn't really like-for-like, so I shouldn't have bothered. Not sure that helps, but there you are.

Archived