litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Anyone Know About Exige Cups?

C1RVY

My mate is looking for a 260 cup.

Anyone got a good one for sale?

Does anyone know the correct factory spec of these cars - do they all have the fuel cut off & extinguishers? The car will be used for racing & sprints & needs to be ready to go, but there appears to be conflicting info out there as to the correct Cup spec.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cup spec could be ordered with or without roll call. When without, the A frame is t45 steel though which enable a full call to be added easily

I did two years of sprinting, all he needs to do to a standard car is add the sticker to the ignition and wrap yellow tape around the battery terminal (think also a tie wrap around brake resivoir). As standard the car passes all the other requirements.

Still got my carbon and aluminium timing strut, but doubt I'll ever sprint the evora.

the standard Cup 260 comes with ignition cut off, fire extinguisher and "A" frame as standard, we had ours removed by the factory as we were doing a lot of touring and euro track days; we got the supplying dealer to relocate the accu-sump unit within the boot area so that we could put two helmets and weekend bags in

unfortunately ours was used as part ex for the V6 and is now living somewhere in Scotland, it was at Chatsworth last year

I think the 260 may have had more carbon parts, I think the 240's rear spoiler was part of the boot/engine cover on the 260 you lean over the spoiler to get in the boot or under for that matter; unless you remove the spoiler [4 screws]

after doing Spa we needed to change the brake fluid according to the techy at JCT600 we had boiled the fluid

light weight battery only held its charge on ours for 4days tops at any one time [we had factory alarm/Immobiliser + tracker fitted]

Archived