litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Evora Rear Tyres

P4N Lotus

Any Evora owners experienced other tyres for the rears other than the p-zeros? I've worked out that after 6months having fitted new ones I'm down to about 4-5mm , I did read they only last 5-10k miles. Just wondered if anyone had any other longer lasting one for suggestions ? Saying that the front have been on over 2years now and still have 6-7mm on them

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michelin PSS- is a very good tyre and quite a few of the evora owners in the states seem to report they get more mileage out of the rear tyres with similar if not better performance than the standard ( non corsa) p zero.

And I understand that the car was originally developed with Yokohama tyres (ad08 I believe) a chap I think in Scotland ran them and was happy.

At least the rear p zero's aren't that expensive anymore.

• 1 month later...

Shod mine with Dunlop sp sport tt last winter and just put some on the fronts at 17k, like them better than P zero esp in the winter months when it's cold. Ran Hancooks on my S2 R and liked them for the same reason .

Shod mine with Dunlop sp sport tt last winter and just put some on the fronts at 17k, like them better than P zero esp in the winter months when it's cold. Ran Hancooks on my S2 R and liked them for the same reason .

How do the fit on the lip of the rear allows, could you upload a photo ? I seems to get really heavy wear on the passengers side rear. How many miles do you think you will get out of them?

on the rear i went one size wider 275, they fill the arch and look much better than the standard size. as for wear they are doing fine; think they have done about 7.5k now and i cant see any wear at all; the P zeros were shot at about 10k and from what i hear they lasted me well!.

take it you are hurtling out of right hand bends then, getting more wear on the near side. get my tires from prestigewheels in brum. their prices are as competitive as anywhere; also sell on ebay, like everyone i suppose.

I'm looking to change my fronts and rears at the same time, as I have worn P zero's on the front and Falken 452's at the back. The Falkens came with the car and seem ok in the dry but I don't feel that they are good enough in the wet even though they have more than 6mm tread left. I like the idea of putting 275's on the back as they offer more rim protection but when I've looked for the Dunlop SP Maxx TT in the 275 I can't find any. Also the Dunlops are rated at 100 for the load and I wonder if this would upset the handling as the Pirelli's are rated at 96. The Avon ZZ5 are only available in 255 and it doesn't look likely that Avon will make any 275's as yet.

Anyone got any ideas?

sorry rears are dunlop maxx SP01 the model before the TT, i have the TTs on the front.

presitgewheels in birmingham have them in stock at the present they are 275 35 R19 96Y and are £220.11 each.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally settled on Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrics, 225 up front and 275 rears (as they protect the rims better than the 255's and there are no adverse reports on going a size up) . They have the same rating as the Pirellis for load and in the wet. Total costs were £694 fitted which considering I got them from my local tyre depot is good as they worked out only £10 more than Blackcircle tyres. I'm still bedding them in but first impressions are good.

Archived