litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Car Insurance Due Soon, Suggestions?

P4N Lotus

You make a strong case for it ;-) Especially because depreciation on the early cars has slowed right down as well. I've been watching prices for the last 18 months or so and they really haven't moved much apart from high mileage cars. I do wonder whether there will be a bit of a drop at some point though as the difference between the n/a and the early s models is getting smaller and smaller.

I just need to convince SWMBO.

Currently have my eyes on this. Interior is a bit marmite by all accounts but i really like it.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-v6-4/2006295

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer the lighter interior makes them feel more spacious inside. It's a good spec vehicle, has everything (sport mode is great), just ask for close up photos of the rear light clusters to see if the chrome has corroded and ask for also ask if it has had any bits replace under warranty already. The 2+2 mean insurance will be slightly cheaper and they are rarer because more people have been going for the 2+0, you will only be able to get two really small adult women in the back or your kids up to a max of 14yrs.

As for prices , they seem to be holding at £30-£33k for the N/A and the S are holding at £37-40k , I don't predict they will drop massively mine has gone up about £2k in 12months , I know stratstone sold a 2010 n/a ips recently for £36k

If you find a sub £30k with good Millage you literally have snap it up there and then as they vanish instantly any hesitation and they usually gone , I missed out on a motor sport green (rare colour) one at £33k and a white one at £34k and a black one at £30k all because I was ummming and arring , but you need to be checking all the sites on a daily basis.

Bare in mind rear tyres last about 5-7k miles on the n/a they are £211 each and £271 each on the S if I recall correctly. They are same tires used on the Mercedes so don't be fooled by people telling you that they are only for Lotus Evora's. I think front last about 10-15k and are about £189 each. Only other thing I will say is the standard exhaust is like milk float quiet so if your are like me and like to hear a roar you'll be looking for an new rear exhaust within a month of owning it, oh be prepared to be stared at by everyone when driving it - it's a bit off putting and strange at time to see fly catching mouths

And reverse camera is a MUST

Cheers paul - i appreciate this is a bit of a thread hijack!

The spec and colour on that one is pretty much what i want - i initially wanted a bright colour (orange was my favourite) but the grey has really grown on me as i've been looking.

The ad mentions a full stainless steel lotus exhaust - do you know if this is standard or was it an option (potentially a bit louder??????)

And it has the reverse camera and new tyres all round.

I just need to get sign off from mrs L and then it comes down to getting the right deal for part exon my elise, as it will only happen if the price is right.

I had the titanium tip one which was silent, I've not heard the full stainless loti one so can't comment but just listened and the sport one sounds a lot better than the standard one though.

Listen to compare standard against sport http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f170/stock-exhaust-vs-lotus-sport-exhaust-videos-100647/

I had a bespoke built one fitted to mine, it's a bit deeper with slight rasp and bit louder than the loti sport zorst. If you wana to check

Cheers paul - i appreciate this is a bit of a thread hijack!

The spec and colour on that one is pretty much what i want - i initially wanted a bright colour (orange was my favourite) but the grey has really grown on me as i've been looking.

The ad mentions a full stainless steel lotus exhaust - do you know if this is standard or was it an option (potentially a bit louder??????)

And it has the reverse camera and new tyres all round.

I just need to get sign off from mrs L and then it comes down to getting the right deal for part exon my elise, as it will only happen if the price is right.

Paul, if you find out that the esure quote is genuine then let me know please

Fully agree with you Paul I had ensure quote with the mrs on at £279 I thought it was an error too lol. My client who just paid £1200 insurance on a BMW x5 was not impressed lol :)

Chirs I can confirm its correct just paid £275.07 and now with eSure, Benny has also taken up a similar deal too. Good work Benny, I know my work mate just paid £800 on an Audi and is equally miffed. I was expecting to pay £800 , what to do with the saving ? Any suggestions... Also wanted to mention if you want cheap roadside assistance check out a company called Green insurance they do a excellent road cover price

Archived