litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Any Nottingham Based Evora +2 Owners On Here?

chrislane

Mrs L wants to have a good nosey around one before she authorises any potential purchase. If anyone can help out it would be much appreciated.

The main things she wants to check out are room in the back for child seats and how "safe" the kids are going to be in the event of an accident. She is a little bit obsessed by the fact that sports cars are a death trap if involved in an accident with anything bigger than a smart! This probably comes from the size and perceived fragility of the elise more than anything else, and i'm hoping she will see the evora as significantly more substantial.

Cheers

Chris

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know of any owners but I have sat in the back of one.

Safety wise, it feels like a much more substantial car than the Exige/Elise.... and in the back you are really cocooned deep down in the seats with not much windows to look out of which makes you feel safe.

On the bad... the same cocooning makes you feel clastrophobic... I imagine it would be bad for kids as they won't get any window and they have big ass seats in front of them. Also in the event of a major crash they are buired deep in the middle of the car (which i would imagine would also be a pain lifting people in and out)

Leg room is your biggest problem.... the front seats go back to the point where there is about 1cm gap leg room in the rear. On the passenger side you can sacrifice the front passenger leg room to enable someone with 4 limbs to go behind them but the driver side is really a no go unless the driver is Warwick Daviss

See if a dealer will lend you one for the day/weekend. Give Aimee a call at lotus silverstone and see if she can help.

I think the back seats are ideal for 3-10 year olds. Below that not great as the seats are to big or the kids legs stick out to straight.

Archived