litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Motorsport Gear Cables

Meister

The only area of my Exige I don't feel happy with is with regard to the gear change. I have the common problem of 'notchy' 2nd to 3rd but I also in general I am not completely happy.

My question is does anybody have experience of the motorsport gear cables? are they any good? where can you buy them? how big a job is it to fit them etc??

Car is Eixge 240S 2009.

Thanks

Mark

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upgraded engine mounts made more of a difference on mine, compared to the Motorsport cables as I did them at different times.

I also got my cables adjusted a few times and my gear change was almost perfect.

Chris

Is this the type of thing you had fitted to yours?

http://www.eliseparts.com/products/show/30/976/polyurethane-engine-stay-inserts/

Thanks.

Mark

I actually had the full Motorsport engine mounts not the inserts, but they also give you a lot of vibration at idle. I've heard from people that just had the insert that's that it gives you nearly the same benefit without the bad vibrations (they are also much cheaper).

I have those inserts Mark, quite a few on Exiges have them also. Worth while cheap mod.

Thanks Jonny - I am going to get Gav @ Unit 4 to fit the inserts next time I'm up up there - do you have motorsport gear cables ? Or do you know people on Exiges.com that have and do they improve things?

Mark

Archived