litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

F.a.o. Alex B

russelld

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed it is. When you consider a SW 2.3 Duratec conversion is 10K and includes a brand new crate engine, its also the right price. Probably only about 3K over the price of a similar milage 135R.Its a good job i have no spare cash smile.png

I haven't fully decided what I plan on doing yet. But aim to the work myself as although I'm not the most confident when it comes to spanner work I enjoy it.

SW sells his conversion kit for £3k ish excluding engine.

I also have a budget in mind of what I want to spend on the car and mods etc.

Oh dear the wife is not going to be pleased.book.gif That looks like a very tempting option for next winter mods.

I know the kit car boys are running around 240 BHP with these engines.drive1.gif

I had better start saving some pennies.

They generally use the 2.0L , some cams, ITBs and a good rolling road.

For some reason you seem to be able to get great power out of engines in a kit car without too much effort. Probably due to unrestricted manifolds?

Mine old kit car had 2.0L Blacktop Zetec, ZX9 bike carbs running a simple Mega jolt ignition and it rolling roaded at 164 WHP. I was well pleased.

Alex, lacking power already?

Just to confuse you with options, why not put a supercharger on your current engine? The Elise style unit is on offer from lotus. You can get them fitted, with warranty and vat included for not much over 3500.

I m tempted but I am also tempted by a a Cup 260 I have found or an Evora S. Or I could just learn to drive my NA exige, which is probably what I will try to do.

If you have not done nitrons and road legal track tyres I would recommend you do them first, and good pads. I would not recommend the track tyres for cold wet days on the road.

Alex, lacking power already?

Just to confuse you with options, why not put a supercharger on your current engine? The Elise style unit is on offer from lotus. You can get them fitted, with warranty and vat included for not much over 3500.

I m tempted but I am also tempted by a a Cup 260 I have found or an Evora S. Or I could just learn to drive my NA exige, which is probably what I will try to do.

If you have not done nitrons and road legal track tyres I would recommend you do them first, and good pads. I would not recommend the track tyres for cold wet days on the road.

Hi Keith,

Currently running nitron Hoffmanns. Brilliant mod have totally changed the feel of the car.

It's not a case on enough power. It's more a case of wanting to release some of the money I have tied up in the car.

(Before anyone says I know engine conversions can be pricey but it would be done over time, allowing me to spend on it as and when I have the money to do so.)

Archived