litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus Elise 111S Wheels

J M Stott

Hello all,

I am new to both this forum and Lotus ownership (well i will be on Saturday when i pick her up cool.gif ) Hopefully it will be a great experience!

The car i have bought has black 111s wheels (carbon black i think he said) which look alright but my personal preference has always been silver wheels, my question is i have seen many people say the 111s wheels should be 'Smoked Chrome' has anybody got a picture of the smoked chrome wheels and a picture of just standard alloy wheel colour as i want to get them sprayed up before i pick the car up next saturday.

Thnaks in advance and soon as i pick her up i'll post some pics!

James

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a STUNNING lotus mate, wheels definately do it justice in the silver dont they, they look like a normal silver to me (although could be my poor quality phone haha) if they are a normal silver then i have made my decision because they look great there cheers!

James

Try not to get plain silver as they can appear bright and a little cheap in my opinion. They are chrome, if you google 'Elise 111S wheels' there's more pictures that show the colour better, this one shows them better also...

lotus_elise_s2_111s_4dd5a2694a869.jpg

I have the originals (2003 111s) and they are not simply smoked chrome. The spokes and centre are smoked chrome but the inner rim fades to black.

They look great but I think they stopped doing them this way because of matching problems.

The wheels on one side are slightly darker than the other. Only noticeable if I take them off side by side.

To re paint this way would quite expensive I guess. Much easier to do a solid colour all over.

I have the originals (2003 111s) and they are not simply smoked chrome. The spokes and centre are smoked chrome but the inner rim fades to black.

They look great but I think they stopped doing them this way because of matching problems.

The wheels on one side are slightly darker than the other. Only noticeable if I take them off side by side.

To re paint this way would quite expensive I guess. Much easier to do a solid colour all over.

Mr 06 reg 111r has smoked chrome fronts with black inner wheel.

My previous 120bhp k series was same as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, cheers, pretty damn close, better picture of them here, My 111s next to my dads 360. Maybe one day he'll get confused and take mine and ill get his but i think i may just be dreaming there lol

post-5202-0-03642000-1391777104_thumb.jpg

Archived