litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Conversation At A Petrol Station

rocketian

I was filling up my newly washed lazer blue 111R yesterday - to be honest it does look brilliant when it is clean ( so that's twice a year then) when a guy started a conversation - it went something like this

him "That's a great looking car you got there"

me "thank you very much"

him "is the performance as good as the looks?"

me "how good does it look ?"

him "it looks absolutely fantastic"

me "nah - the performance is better than that!"

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was first told about MLOC at a petrol station in Allestree, Derby, by a guy in a really nice s1. It was July 2010 (I think) and I was in my mate's flash red Italian car.

Who was that mystery MLOCer?

I can't remember Stu - I know it sounds daft. It may have been yellow. I don't think it was metallic, it was a solid colour. I also remember it having some track mods - maybe harnesses?

I remember it looking clean and tidy, and telling the guy I was hoping to get an Elise in the next few months.

BTW Stu the red car I was in was Marshy's - I think you knew him at Toyota and/or from consulting?

When I had the Caterham I was filling up and a guy came over and asked if it was a Lotus 7, I said no a Caterham & he then said did you build it yourself?

To which I replied your kidding I would never drive anything I'd built!!

I can't remember Stu - I know it sounds daft. It may have been yellow. I don't think it was metallic, it was a solid colour. I also remember it having some track mods - maybe harnesses?

I remember it looking clean and tidy, and telling the guy I was hoping to get an Elise in the next few months.

BTW Stu the red car I was in was Marshy's - I think you knew him at Toyota and/or from consulting?

Richard Marsh??! There was a guy round here who bought a yellow s1 bell and colville 160. Very tidy. Forget his name, but, it was nice, think he bought it from peter smiths in Hatton before it closed.

That's the fella Stu.

I engineered him when he ran in touring cars years ago. The team Varta 306 I think he was in and Tom Boardman was in the 307. I was waiting for an interview at Toyota at the time and he said do that then go into consulting. That's what I did!!

What's he doing these days??

Funny story from one of my ex-girlfriends.....

She was filling up her MX-5 at the local petrol station and some bloke attempted a lame chat-up line that went something like: "Nice car love".

But, sharp as a razor, she replied: "You should see my boyfriend's"!!!

Outside an office in Bicester once, an old dear, must have been 70 odd, came past me and commented 'Nice Lotus. I love Lotus cars' to which I replied ' this one comes with a handsome driver' she turned and said ' careful, I love black men too!' :D

Funny as hell. These days I keep my mouth shut!

Outside an office in Bicester once, an old dear, must have been 70 odd, came past me and commented 'Nice Lotus. I love Lotus cars' to which I replied ' this one comes with a handsome driver' she turned and said ' careful, I love black men too!' biggrin.png

Funny as hell. These days I keep my mouth shut!

HAHA!

funniest thing i've heard all day.

Archived