litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Ouch

Spotted on an American website, apparently this chap was on his way to Kuala Lumpur with his dog on the passenger seat when this happened, he survived but the dog didn't...

post-4390-0-24118600-1389636877_thumb.jpg

post-4390-0-51191700-1389636924_thumb.jpg

post-4390-0-09502300-1389636951_thumb.jpg

post-4390-0-74427800-1389636984_thumb.jpg

post-4390-0-30148700-1389637034_thumb.jpg

post-4390-0-62312800-1389637064_thumb.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Staged. Has to be. Why take pictures and not help... but also, there is no debris lying around anywhere....

No marks on the road and the grass is not disturbed......Also if his arm was hanging out and it had that much damage there would be blood.......... Hoax

Strange, as you say. Is there some debris in the road way? Has it wiped itself along the armco on the other side of the road, and come to rest facing the wrong way on this side?

As for bystanders, actually, this doesn't surprise me. In my days of volunteer ambulance work, Joe Public would always pitch in, but only so long as people didn't look too bad. I still remember approaching a casualty who was at the time dead in the driver's seat of his car (parked in a car park). The people who had found him took me back with them to show me where he was, but as we got closer, they began to hang back. Wouldn't get too close. I knew at that point (even though I hadn't even had a good sight of my patient) that things weren't going to be nice, and I was right. For the record, the patient stayed dead, and I found that rule, initially determined empirically from one patient, held always. This prang does look strange, but then, we are none of us used to seeing the wreckage of Elises, so I'm not sure I know quite what I should expect. Could be real. Could be staged. I can't tell.

Oh, and it just occurs to me (in an edit) that Elises reverse into accidents, so it was quite possibly going the other way (by the armco) until bad things happened.

According to the article the chap lost control at high speed and spun in to the armco barrier before coming to rest facing the wrong way down the carriageway. In the interest of taste I left some of the images out but i was equally shocked that people took photo's before helping him, dog is currently on the menu at the local kebab hut

for sale soon at uk lotus centre lol light suspension damage lol

Very good... lol

There is too much of it missing to be true. One of the sills is 100% gone, every little bit. The door hinge - absolutely nothing left. There is just too much missing from the car for a) him to have survived b ) to be true. There would be bits of plastic and fibreglass absolutely everywhere.

Archived