litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Car Advice

stockhome

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think you'll struggle to get a decent 335d Coupe for less than 10k, unless of course you don't mind one with a gazzilion miles on it, especially if you want (which you should) the M-Sport model

BMW looks like a good shout I had not had them on my radar. I assumed they would be too expensive, sorry Alex the fiat 500 is just too girly even for me.

Only problem is my wife really likes the Mini might take a bit of persuasion to get her to like the BMW.

BMW looks like a good shout I had not had them on my radar. I assumed they would be too expensive, sorry Alex the fiat 500 is just too girly even for me.

Only problem is my wife really likes the Mini might take a bit of persuasion to get her to like the BMW.

Sheldon, my wife has a 6 month old Mini Cooper S convertible, fun little engine with enough power and reasonable fuel consumption for what it is (35mpg). But in my opinion the driving position is awful for anybody over about 6ft 1. I really wish it wasn't as I really want to enjoy it, but it puts me off driving it. If it was mine I'd drop the seat about 3 inches and it would be perfect (steering is adjustable in all directions) but it's perfcect for her (5ft 4) so I've been told I'm not allowed.

It might not effect you, but definitely have a good test drive before getting one. Infact if you're ever in the Cotswolds feel free to pop in and you can try it for yourself :)

A colleague bought a cooper SD at the same Miles'wife got her roadster; they are good cars.

The SD does over 65mpg... I'd be looking at that too but, the thing that really ticked the box for me is Graham Seat leon ecothinggy which is good on fuel as all the gadgetry... A golf in drag ;).

A3 quattro would be perfect because our commutes are 36miles of Cotswold countryside road each way...

If it was mine I'd drop the seat about 3 inches and it would be perfect (steering is adjustable in all directions) but it's perfcect for her (5ft 4) so I've been told I'm not allowed.

My wife has R56 Cooper (non-S) and she loves it. In ours you can adjust the height of the driver seat - the lever in front of the driver's seat on the right hand side raises and lowers the seat - you have to pump the handle and it moves up/down by a cm or so each pump.

Grab yourself a Renaultsport Clio 200 with Recaros.

Massively entertaining and plenty quick enough. Plus, surprisingly, there's loads of room for four full size adults!!

My wife has R56 Cooper (non-S) and she loves it. In ours you can adjust the height of the driver seat - the lever in front of the driver's seat on the right hand side raises and lowers the seat - you have to pump the handle and it moves up/down by a cm or so each pump.

I'm not that thick!tongue.png It's just the height adjustability isn't enough for me and I still feel like I'm too high up.

Hope you're well mate smile.png

Well, it took me a while to find the right lever !

Waiting for the weather to calm down a bit before testing this year. First track day will be at Stowe to make sure car still works. I see Russell and Stockhome will be there too...

I should be at Stowe as well. I've got Bedford on the 25th Jan with LoT first and want to make sure the engine survives that as it's only just been put in......

I need to pick your brains over a couple of racing things as well, so hopefully catch up on the 8th at Stowe :)

Archived